Heros

This is where you can ask your friends and board neighbors anything you want. It don't have to be about the AB/DL world. It can be about ANYTHING! Unload your questions here!
TheSitterStacie

Heros

Post by TheSitterStacie »

Not the TV show, but actual, real to life hero's. Who are they? Why do you look up to them? What makes them your Hero?

Stacie
“And the National Rifle Association says that, "Guns don't kill people, people do,” but I think the gun helps, you know? I think it helps. I just think just standing there going, "Bang!" That's not going to kill too many people, is it?"
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

Although I could list the "usual" cast of real-life heros: policemen, firemen, etc., I will not. Of course, they are heros in every sence of the word, but the most overlooked group of heros are Mothers; loving, caring, "mommies".

Mommies are my heros because...

They wake up at 2:00 AM, with only a few hours of sleep, and respond to the crys of their infant. Overworked, overstressed, at her wits-end, the mommy takes the crying infant to her breast and makes soothing, cooing sounds and rocks her baby to sleep. She gives up her own sleep, so that her infant can have their sleep.

Mommies are caring, and protective. As the infant trys to take his first step, his mommy is there to catch him if he falls. No need to be afraid, mommy is right there, holding his hand as he trys to take his first step.

Mommies are patient and understanding. When her toddler messes his training pants for the second time in one day, she understands that he's not ready for potty training, and puts him back in diapers with motherly love and compassion. :)

And on this point, it's not just mommies who are my heros, but mommies who change poopy diapers with motherly love and understanding. It is these mommies who are my heros because they greet each poopy diaper as an oppertunity to lovingly interact with their baby, as well as a gauge to see how well their baby is doing: i.e., digesting food properly and the making sure the bowels are working right. :wink:

Hero. (Pronounced, hee-row) See mothers who change poopy diapers with love and understanding.

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
MommieSara

Post by MommieSara »

That is very sweet of you to acknowledge us Mommies as Heroes.