plastic or rubber

This is a special place for those of you who just stick to the great feeling of wearing those Diapies!
Minniem

plastic or rubber

Post by Minniem »

now which does the baby like the crinkle sounds of plastic or the tight feel of rubber against those cloth diapers i think the baby likes the plastic ones best of all.

minnie
Little Stinky Britches

Post by Little Stinky Britches »

When I was growing up back in the 1960s, plastic baby pants were often refured to as "rubber pants", even though they are quite different. Rubber pants were popular in the 1940s and mid 1950s as a water-proof protector over cloth diapers. They were soft and strechy, but were diffucult to wash and they tore rather easy. Then, around 1955 to 1956, Plastic Pants hit the market and mothers loved them. :D

Unlike Rubber Pants of the 1940s, the new Plastic Pants of the 1950s held up after washing after washing, and did not tear so easy as Rubber Pants did, and since moms were used to calling them "Rubber Pants", when the new Plastic Pants came out in the 1950s, moms just kept on calling them "Rubber Pants"..... which is what my mom did. :wink:

And yes Minniem, that telltale "crinkle" is one of the best things about Plastic Pants. 8)

Phew! Somebody needs a changing.
pinkluvs

Plastic pants

Post by pinkluvs »

I remember my mom always called them "plastic pants", and my grandma always called the "rubber pants".

I remember quite clearly after bath time my mom saying "okay, let's go get your diapers and plastic pants on you".

It's definitely a generational thing.

To this day the thought of "diapers and plastic pants" is what always gets me going :D
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!
pinkluvs

Oops

Post by pinkluvs »

*my grandma always called "them"*

My silly lazy fingers :oops:
We can change the world...even if it's just one diaper at a time!